What advice can you give to the Muslims in the west in the current situation in which the Muslim ummah finds itself? How can we fulfil our Islamic duties and please Allaah?.
Praise be to Allaah.
- Our advice to our Muslim brothers who are living in the west – now – is the same as the advice that Allaah gave to the first and the last, which is to fear Allaah and to do that which is enjoined by Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and to avoid that which is forbidden by Allaah and His Messenger.
- Do not stay there, except for those of you who are forced to stay or who need to do so, because they have no other place to go, or because they are sick and need treatment, or they are active in da’wah, calling people to Islam; or if you are natives of that land and can practise your religion openly. You know your situation better than we do and you have seen for yourselves how the west has shown its true colours with regard to so-called religious freedom and freedom of self-expression. That has become permissible for all religions except Islam, and for all people except the Muslims; the heads of some of these states have even dared to issue laws forbidding Muslim women to wear hijab in public schools.
- If you have no alternative but to stay in those countries, then strive not to raise your children there; send them to a Muslim country, to their families or to Islamic centres that will take care of them and educate them. No matter how great the corruption in Muslim countries, it cannot compare to the kufr and permissiveness that exists in the west, except in a few rare cases.
- You have to present a correct image of Islam by adhering to its rituals, morals and ways. Many countries were won over by Muslim merchants who dealt in a good and kind manner with people, so that the gave a good image of Islam and countries became Muslim at their hands whose inhabitants number in the tens of millions.
- It is not permissible for you to look for ward to dilute the rulings of Islam and to make compromises in order to please the west and its people. Rather you should feel proud of your religion and adhere to the guidance of your Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), no matter who disagrees with you. You see how the followers of deviant ideas and perversions feel proud of their principles and ideas and proclaim them openly with no embarrassment. The followers of truth have more right to do that.
- Be united in adhering to the truth and in defending the truth; do not become divided and lose your strength, thus enabling your enemy to defeat you. And do not show your differences openly in front of the kuffaar. Advise one another in private and not in plain view of others.
- Do not hesitate to be involved in newspapers, magazines, broadcasting and all kinds of media – within Islamic guidelines – and let your participation be with a purpose, namely to show the true face of Islam. Defend the honour of your Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), for many kaafirs may be receptive and may respond to a kind word or be influenced by strong evidence.
- You have to develop strong ties with the scholars and shaykhs whose knowledge is trustworthy, through all available means. Rid yourselves of ignorance about your faith so that you may dispel the ignorance of others in turn. Introduce Islam to the public, free of all impurities.
- Visit the Holy Land of Allaah – Makkah al-Mukarramah – for Hajj and ‘Umrah, in order to strengthen your faith and form strong ties with the scholars and shaykhs. We often see Muslims from all corners of the earth, but rarely from the west. So strive to do this and cooperate in organizing trips, and you will see a great deal of good in sha Allah.
- Finally, strive to obey and worship Allaah, and take good care of your sons and daughters; strive to form strong bonds between family members.
We ask Allaah to help you to do that which pleases Him and to help you to obey Him and worship Him well.
Trackback from your site.